Last updated on April 14, 2023
Gone are the days when you need to sit at your desk to do those pesky admin jobs. With our suite of mobile apps, you have real-time information about your business or practice at your fingertips and can tick off those small tasks on the go.
We’ve just rolled out improvements to our mobile apps, making it easier than ever to work from anywhere. Here are the latest updates to help you increase your productivity.
Capture bills, receipts and invoices instantly
The Hubdoc mobile app is a great way for small businesses to upload bills, receipts and invoices with a quick photo and share them with their advisor. If you are an accountant or bookkeeper, this will save you time chasing documents and entering data manually.
We know how important this kind of work is to your business or practice. That’s why in the coming weeks, we’ll be giving the Hubdoc app a new design and new features that we think you’ll love. All these are designed to improve the usability, speed and performance of Hubdoc.
Small business application modification
The small business mobile experience is changing with Hubdoc. With the new design, the application will be faster, more stable and much easier to navigate. You will be able to:
- Use light or dark mode in the app depending on your preference
- Get a receipt preview with a status tag so you can see where everything stands at a glance
- When opening a file, see more details, including supplier, due date, subtotal, tax, and more
Additional updates will follow, including the ability to upload more than one photo at a time, as well as adding tags and notes to give the document some context. You’ll also be able to save photos to your phone, update your profile details, change your password in the app, and more.
Make sure your phone is set to automatically download new app updates, or manually update your Hubdoc app from the iPhone or Android app stores.
Updated “My Hubdoc”
We will soon be updating the “My Hubdoc” screen, including an updated partner portal that helps accountants and bookkeepers easily find and manage their clients’ documents. You will be able to:
- Search for clients by name and email using the new search bar to find the client organization you’re looking for faster
- View your client list on individual pages, helping to speed up page load times in practice with multiple clients
- Add a new client and create a new Hubdoc account, or connect them to an existing Xero organization, with new pop-ups that walk you through the process
We’re also updating the design to make it more accessible, as well as changing some of the buttons to make it easier for you to find what you’re looking for. You’ll have a new column that displays your client’s email next to their name, and your clients will be kept separate from your practice organization.
This is all part of our work Constantly update our platformSo we can stay ahead of the latest technologies, standards and ways of working in your business or practice.
Know where your business stands at a glance
The Xero Accounting app Helps you stay productive while away from your desk by giving you the key financial information you need. Last year we added several new features to the app, including:
- Ability to sort, search and filter contacts so you can quickly see things like what you owe your customers and what they owe
- A total cash balance figure on the dashboard, as well as the ability to re-order the widgets on your dashboard so you can customize it to your needs
- Option to add bank fee adjustment to help complete bank reconciliation
- The ability to create and edit purchase orders in the app to speed up purchasing for your business
- Updates to viewing and searching your list of invoices, as well as new tags to help you identify when invoices are due and see which ones have been paid
Soon we’ll be adding a number of new features to the Xero Accounting app, including:
- Improving our machine learning algorithm to improve the accuracy and frequency of bank reconciliation suggestions
- Improved profit and loss reporting for a more accurate picture of your business performance
If you haven’t tried the Xero Accounting app, it’s worth downloading and linking it to your Xero account so you can get the information you need while you’re at it.
Save time on payroll and expense management
Xero Me It’s a one-stop shop for employees to view their paychecks, as well as submit timesheets, leave requests, expense claims and more. This means you spend less time searching for personnel information and have the information you need to reimburse expenses and make accurate payments.
We’ve just updated Xero Me and have some exciting new features to share, including:
- Better ways to track mileage, where employees can select a location from their recent history and see start and end locations within a route calculator
- Ability for employees to enter start, finish and unpaid break times into their timesheets, as well as add notes for you to view (Australia only)
- A quick and easy way to submit similar expense claims, with the ability to duplicate existing expenses
In the coming months, we’ll also be adding a new feature to Xero Me that allows employees to enter more than one work and unpaid break time into a daily timesheet, making it easier to accurately track work time (Australia only).
Do more on the go with our updated mobile apps
These three Xero apps are a powerful combination that gives you the flexibility to work from anywhere, with the convenience of solving some admin tasks while traveling or between meetings. We encourage you to check out the latest enhancements and look forward to hearing your feedback.