SoFi members, get ready to fly – SoFi Travel¹ is here to make travel planning easier and more affordable than ever, from booking flights to hotels to travel experiences and more. SoFi Travel is powered by Expedia, providing members with an easy search and booking experience, all from within the SoFi app or website. SoFi Travel will be rolling out to all members over the coming weeks.
SoFi has seen incredible demand from members in the travel segment, with SoFi Credit Card² spending increasing on travel 54% in the first three months of 2023 compared to the same time period in 2022. SoFi understands that this is an area of great interest to members, and this new offering is here to meet that demand.
SoFi Travel expands member benefits by offering SoFi member rates on select hotel reservations, made possible by Expedia’s competitive offerings. SoFi members will be able to save 10% or more on select hotels, plus additional discounts on reservations. Members who use a SoFi credit card for their reservations will receive unlimited 3% cash back rewards on their purchases.
SoFi also recently ran its first program SoFi travel habits survey⁵ that showed 82% of members planning to travel this summer, and more 60% Willing to spend more than two hours or more when booking travel to find the best deal. SoFi’s new travel portal will make it easy to make your travel plans this summer and beyond, saving SoFi members money and time when booking.
Booking with SoFi Travel
Just as members can easily manage everything from their credit cards to investments in one place, managing travel plans along with all your financial products is now simpler with SoFi Travel.
SoFi members will be able to access the booking portal through the app or website, where they will be able to track travel details, adjust reservations and manage their travel budget throughout their entire trip.
SoFi Travel Rewards and SoFi Credit Card
SoFi Credit Card members will be able to earn unlimited 3% cash back rewards on SoFi Travel bookings made using their credit cards. Once members have earned their rewards points, they can redeem them in a number of ways, including:
• Cash in a SoFi checking and savings account
• Pay off an eligible SoFi loan⁷
• Funds to invest via their SoFi Invest account
With SoFi Travel and SoFi Credit Card, SoFi continues to offer the best benefits when SoFi products are used together.
Prepare to travel with SoFi
In addition to making booking travel simpler and more affordable, SoFi can make travel planning easier than ever by offering a variety of tools to help members save for vacation and keep track of their travel expenses.
Checking and saving safes
For SoFi Check and Savings members, they can create Vaults, an extension of savings accounts where members can save for specific goals, including travel plans. Members with direct deposit can earn 4.20% APY (Annual Percentage of Return)⁹, 10x¹⁰ the national average, on all savings balances, and put more money in their pockets for travel outings and souvenirs.
Not a SoFi Check and Saving member yet? Register here.
SoFi members can use SoFi Insights¹¹ to track spending before, during and after vacations across all of their bank accounts and credit cards. Before trips, members can monitor all of their budget spending before a big vacation, but they can also easily find places to cut back, like long-forgotten recurring subscriptions.
After a vacation, members can tag expenses related to their trip and see a full breakdown of what their trip cost, where they spent the most money, and how best to budget for their next vacation.
Travel tips and recommendations
With the launch of SoFi Travel, SoFi is also launching a new travel planning planner inside On the Money, a digital content hub that helps members get their personal finances right with a one-stop shop for news, directions, and advice.
In the travel sector, SoFi members and even non-members can access articles on financial advice for booking flights and the best ways to save money while preparing the plane. See new education resources here.
SoFi travel habits survey
As part of the launch of SoFi Travel, SoFi conducted the first SoFi Travel Habits Survey looking at the travel plans (and travel budgets!) of over 1,400 SoFi members. When it comes to members and their travel plans, key findings include:
• 56% of SoFi members canceled their travel plans in the last year due to rising costs/inflation
• 66% budget their trips, 29% start budgeting/saving for a trip a whole year in advance
• 57% of members were inspired to book a trip based on a movie or TV show, with White Lotus being the ultimate inspiration
You can see more of SoFi’s survey of travel habits here.
1. Terms and Conditions Apply: SoFi Travel Portal is operated by Expedia. To learn more about Expedia, click https://www.expediagroup.com/home/default.aspx.
When you use your SoFi Credit Card to make a purchase on the SoFi Travel Portal, you will earn a number of SoFi Member Rewards Points equal to 3% of the total amount you spend on the SoFi Travel Portal. Members can save up to 10% or more on eligible reservations.
You must be a registered SoFi user.
You must agree to SoFi’s Privacy Consent Agreement.
You must book travel on SoFi’s Travel Portal accessed directly through a link on the SoFi website or mobile application. Travel booked directly on the Expedia site or Expedia app, or any other site operated or supported by Expedia, is not eligible.
You must pay with your SoFi credit card.
SoFi Member Rewards: All applicable terms apply to the use of SoFi Member Rewards. To learn more, please see: https://www.sofi.com/rewards/
Terms applicable to member rewards: https://d32ijn7u0aqfv4.cloudfront.net/git/docs/rewards/Enroll%20-%20SoFi%20Member%20Rewards.pdf
Changes to your reservations will affect the reward balance of the purchase.
Any canceled or fraudulent bookings will result in the rewards being forfeited.
Rewards can be delayed up to 7 business days after a transaction is posted to the member’s SoFi credit card ledger.
SoFi reserves the right to withhold Rewards Points on suspicion of fraud, misuse, or suspicious activities.
© 2023 SoFi Bank, NA All Rights Reserved. FDIC member. Equal Housing Lender. NMLS #696891 (FDIC Member), (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org).
2. The SoFi Credit Card is issued by Bank of Missouri (TBOM) (the “Issuer”) pursuant to authorization from Mastercard® International Incorporated and may be used everywhere Mastercard is accepted. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circuit design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
3. Source: Analysis of SoFi member spending trends from 1/1/2023 – 3/31/2023 and 1/1/2022 – 3/31/2022 using a SoFi credit card.
4. * See reward details
5. Source: Based on a SoFi survey of the travel habits of 1,466 SoFi members from April 4-16, 2023.
6. SoFi Checking and Savings is offered through SoFi Bank, NA
7. Terms and conditions apply. SOFI reserves the right to modify or discontinue products and benefits at any time without notice. To qualify, the borrower must be a US citizen or other eligible status and meet SoFi’s underwriting requirements. Loans originated by SoFi Lending Corp. (dba SoFi) subject to country restrictions and may not be available in all states; See SoFi.com/eligibility for details and status limitations. Minimum loan requirements may be higher than $5,000 in certain states due to legal requirements and interest rate limits may be lower in some states due to legal requirements and may affect your eligibility to qualify for a SoFi loan. SoFi refinance loans are private loans and do not have the same repayment options offered by the Federal Loan Program such as income-based repayment, contingent repayment, or PAYE. Information current as of 05/23/01. SoFi Lending Corp. , licensed by DFPI, CFL # 6054612. NMLS # 1121636 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org).
8. Brokerage and active investment products offered through SoFi Securities LLC, member FINRA (www.finra.org) / SIPC (www.sipc.org).
9. SoFi members with direct deposit can earn up to 4.20% annual percentage of return (APY) on savings balances (including safes) and 1.20% APY on checking balances. There is no minimum direct deposit amount required to qualify for the 4.20% APY savings. Members with no direct deposit will earn 1.20% APY on all account balances in No Direct Deposit Checking and Savings Balances (including safes). Interest rates are variable and subject to change at any time. These rates are effective as of 4/25/2023. There is no minimum balance required. Additional information can be found at http://www.sofi.com/legal/banking-rate-sheet.
10. 10x based on the FDIC monthly savings account rate as of April 17, 2023.
11. The SoFi Insights tool provides users with the ability to link both SoFi and external accounts using the Plaid, Inc. service. The credit score provided to you is a VantageScore® based on TransUnion® data (“Processing Agent”).